277 Orchard Road
#03-12 / #04-11 orchardgateway
Mon - Sun: 11:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Closed at 5.00pm on eves of Christmas,
New Year and Chinese New Year
Closed on Public Holidays
Bookdrop hours: 10.00am - 10.30pm
- We will be implementing timed entry and limiting each patron’s visit to our public libraries to 30 minutes.
- Book your 30-minute slot one day in advance before visiting the library: go.gov.sg/library-visit-booking
- Bookdrop and Reservation Lockers are accessible from 10.00 am to 10.30 pm. Bookings are not required for Book Drop and Reservation Pick-up.
- Check real time crowd capacity before you visit our premises: go.gov.sg/library-visit-crowd.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Somerset
Click here to view 1st floor
Buses: 7, 14, 14e, 16, 65, 106, 111, 123, 143, 175, 502, 502a, 587, 590, 598
(L3 of the mall)
Click here to view 2nd floor
(L4 of the mall)
Launched on 23 October 2014, by Minister for Communications and Information, Dr Yaacob Ibrahim, library@orchard is centred on lifestyle, design and the applied arts.
Divided into The Studio and The Loft, library@orchard is set to spoil visitors with its vast array of programmes and reading choices. Featuring a collection size of approximately 100, 000 titles, designated display areas and 3 programme zones, library@orchard works both as a community space and a contemplative cavern.
Users who need help can approach roving staff or use the Library Guide station located on both levels of the library to find out more about library@orchard, read our frequently asked questions, position themselves with with a map of the library, or talk to our staff.
The four book trees on the upper level of the library are tied to the People, Space, Product and Visual Design collection clusters. They are integrated book displays which feature books, magazines, AV items and a digital display which highlights notable personalities and icons according to a theme.
The reservation pick-up service is now self-serviced at this library. Readers will be able to pick up their reserved titles at the lockers located by the entrance of library@orchard. These are accessible during mall opening hours.
For more info, click on library details
Fiction Collection at Studio Level 3
The Magazine Wall
People Cluster at The Loft