Central Public Library
100 Victoria Street
Mon - Sun: 10:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Closed at 5pm on eves of Christmas,
New Year and Chinese New Year.
Closed on public holidays.
- We will be implementing timed entry and limiting each patron’s visit to our public libraries to 30 minutes.
- Book your 30-minute slot one day in advance before visiting the library: go.gov.sg/library-visit-booking
- Bookdrop at Level 1 is accessible 24-hours. Reservation Lockers are accessible from 8.00 am to 11.00 pm. Bookings are not required for Book Drop and Reservation Pick-up.
- Check real time crowd capacity before you visit our premises: go.gov.sg/library-visit-crowd.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Bugis, City Hall MRT Station
Click here to view Floor map
Buses: 145, 197, 32, 51, 63, 7, 80, 175, 851, 61
Central Public Library is home to My Tree House, the World's 1st Green Library for Kids. This library is the first in the world to be steered by green principles in all facets from design and infrastructure to collection and programming. Created in partnership with City Developments Limited (CDL), this unique eco space facilitates environmental literacy in children.
My Tree House was opened on 31 May 2013 by Dr Yaacob Ibrahim, Minister for Communications and Information. It was awarded the Green Mark Platinum Award by the Building and Construction Authority of Singapore in the same month.
Tree House and Green Features
Forming the centrepiece of the eco library, the striking tree house canopy is constructed with recycled bottles while its steps and surrounding platform are built with recycled timber. Other green features in the library include refurbished book shelves, carpet made from recycled materials and energy-efficient LED lighting.
Every Saturday & Sunday
2.30 pm – 3.00 pm
For more info, click on library details
My Tree House. World’s 1st Green Library for Kids