The parasite / Michel Serres ; translated by Lawrence R. Schehr ; with a new introduction by Cary Wolfe.
- Serres, Michel,author.
- Schehr, Lawrence R.,translator.
- Wolfe, Cary,author of introduction.
First University of Minnesota Press edition.
- Minneapolis :University of Minnesota Press,2007.
- xxviii, 255 pages :illustrations ;23 cm.
- "Influential philosopher Michel Serres's foundational work uses fable to explore how human relations are identical to that of the parasite to the host body. Among Serres's arguments is that by being pests, minor groups can become major players in public dialogue - creating diversity and complexity vital to human life and thought."--Book cover.
- Interpersonal relations -- Philosophy.
- Host-parasite relationships -- Philosophy.
- French literature.