Bishan Public Library
5 Bishan Place
Mon - Sun: 11:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Closed at 5.00pm on eves of Christmas,
New Year and Chinese New Year
Closed on Public Holidays
- All public libraries will reopen on 1 July 2020 with shorter opening hours from 11.00 am to 7.00 pm. We will be implementing timed entry and limiting each patron’s visit to our public libraries to 30 minutes.
- Book your 30-minute slot one day in advance before visiting the library: go.gov.sg/library-visit-booking
- Bookdrop and Reservation Lockers are accessible 24-hours. Bookings are not required for Book Drop and Reservation Pick-up.
- Check real time crowd capacity before you visit our premises: go.gov.sg/library-visit-crowd.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Bishan
Click here to view Basement
Click here to view 1st floor
Click here to view 2nd floor
Click here to view 3rd floor
Click here to view 4th floor
Bus Interchange: Bishan
Buses: 13, 50, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 71, 88, 128, 156, 410W/G
Bishan Public Library was officially opened on 1 September 2006 by Mr Wong Kan Seng, then Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs, and Member of Parliament representing the Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC.
Bishan Public Library aims to serve the general information and recreational needs of the community of families, students and general users through collections such as fiction, recreation, health, family and parenting and business-related topics within an approximate gross floor area of 4,000 square metres spread over five levels.
The library, strategically located near the Bishan MRT Station, serves the residents of Bishan, Marymount and Upper Thomson.
Thursdays, 3.30 pm – 4.00 pm (4 - 6 yrs)
Every 1st Saturday, 11.30 am – 12.00 pm (4–6 yrs)
Every 2nd Friday, 3.30 pm – 4.00 pm (4–6 yrs) (Mandarin)
For more info, click on library details
Internal View of Pod Alcoves
Level 3 Reading Area
Young People's Collection