Published on : 18 Jan 2022
Click here to sign up.
Registration for the book delivery service (May-Jul 2022) is now open!
Reading is a special gift we can provide for our children, and now it has become easier to get your hands on books from our librarians’ choice list. For a subscription fee, a set of 8 books, specially curated for children, will be delivered to your home or to a preferred locker under the nationwide locker alliance (*a new delivery mode as of February 2022) each month.
1. Books delivered to you for 3 consecutive months
Each subscription period is 3 months and the subscription fee is $30 ($32.10 with GST) for home delivery or $24 ($25.68 with GST) for locker collection.
2. Auto-renewal of subscription
The 3-month subscriptions can now be automatically renewed to offer easier and more convenient access to this service.
3. A mix of books hand-picked by our librarians to help enrich your child’s reading journey
Subscribers will receive a monthly selection of 8 English children’s books, featuring a variety of fiction and non-fiction titles, and those from the Singapore collection. These books span a broad range of children's interests and the service caters for two age groups, 4-6 years old and 7-9 years old. The set of books will be delivered in a biodegradable bag each month.
4. An additional 8 books on top of your current loan quota
Books under this service do not fall within the usual loan quota. Therefore, subscribers can continue to borrow up to 16 books (for basic member) and 24 books (for partner member), while having 8 additional books delivered to them. Subscribers may monitor the due dates of the books delivered under this service in their library membership account or refer to the printed receipt delivered with their books.
Terms of Service
1. You must apply to be a subscriber to this delivery service. There is a limited number of subscriptions. The subscriptions are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
2. To apply for this delivery service, you must first be a National Library Board (NLB) library member and must not have any unpaid fees/charges in your membership account. (Note: If you hold an annual library membership, there must be a minimum of 6 months validity remaining to your library membership when your application is received.)
3. Each subscription period is for 3 months.
4. Note that subscription is automatically renewed for the next 3-month subscription period if you do not cancel your subscription by the 15th day of the last month of the then current subscription period. Payment for the automatic renewal will be deducted from your credit/debit card for the next subscription period on the 16th day of the last month of the then current subscription period. Please see illustration of this in the table below:
5. If any cancellation is activated after the cut-off date, the subscription will only cease after the following subscription period - E.g., if cancellation is done on 17 Apr 2022 based on the illustration above you will still receive the books for the subscription period 1 May – 31 Jul 2022 as the last subscription period.
Cancellation can be done in 2 ways:
- From The Little Book Box information page in NLB Mobile app or NLB website.
- From the unsubscribe link provided in email notifications.
6. Under the subscription, you agree that a set of 8 books as selected by NLB will be delivered to you in a biodegradable bag each month. You also agree that this service cannot cater for individual preferences so no requests for exchanges of books can be made.
7. Delivery schedules may differ, but you will be able to enjoy reading the books for at least 21 days. The precise loan period and date due for the books will be shown in your library membership account.
8. The books must be returned to any NLB public library via the Bookdrop by the due date. (Note that there will be charges for overdue and lost books. See the rates at https://nlb.gov.sg/VisitUs/Membership.aspx.)
9. You will receive an email from NLB acknowledging your payment upon receipt of payment. Note that no refunds will be made after payment is completed.
10. Please ensure that there are no unpaid fees/charges in your NLB membership account (regardless of whether the unpaid fees/charges relate to the books under this service) at any time during your subscription period. If there are any unpaid fees/charges, NLB shall have the right to withhold delivery of the books under this service until such fees/charges have been fully paid.
11. The delivery address indicated in the subscription form will be used to deliver the books to you. NLB will not use this address for any other matters except for delivery under this delivery service. Please note that if you need to change:
a) the mode of delivery from home delivery to locker collection or locker collection to home delivery, you must unsubscribe and apply for the service again with your new requirement.
b) the pick-up location for the locker collection, you must unsubscribe and apply for the service again with your new requirement.
12. NLB has engaged a vendor to deliver the books. You agree that the vendor will need to be given your contact details for the sole purpose of delivery.
Click here for a full list of FAQ.