Associate Librarian/Librarian (Public Library Operations)
- Responsible for the quality and breadth of collection and programmes in areas pertaining to the allocated target segment(s) in the branch
- Develop a good understanding of library users and their profiles through day-to-day ground engagement and various forms of surveys; in order to more effectively promote our collections and services
- Maintain the quality and relevance of the collections by evaluating and analysing data such as branch collection usage and loan data
- Ability to provide book recommendations through programmes, book reviews and book displays. Ensure that displays, presentations and recommendations are engaging to the users, including the tracking of the effectiveness of displays and pop-up projects.
- Organise, co-curate and facilitate programmes for target service segments and relevant community partners (e.g. story-telling, bookclubs, community programmes). Ensure that programmes remain relevant and impactful by evaluating participants’ feedback and analysing data such as participation rates.
- Conduct programmes to engage community partners and interest groups, e.g. outreach to pre-schools, schools and community organisations, class visits and tours for overseas delegates
- Build rapport with regular users to discover interests or possible projects which our programme spaces and by extension, the library can support.
- At least one to two years of relevant experience in project management, community engagement and marketing/ promotion
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for reading and promoting reading
- Good analytical, written and verbal communications skills
- Library qualifications such as Master of Science in Information Studies or Graduate Diploma in Information Science will be an advantage
- Required to perform shift work and work on weekends
- Skills in technology, art, craft, engineering, music, science, green design, and computer software/programmes (video editing etc) is good and can be stated in application.
Successful applicant will be appointed on a two-year contract in the first instance.
We regret that only
short-listed candidates will be notified.