Add me to the waiting list
Please fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as there is a spot which frees up.
Thank you, Jonathan Easton
We have added you to our waiting list and you will be contacted as soon as a ticket becomes available.
The workshop will cover the aspect of creativity intertwined into storytelling. With the use of storyboarding and mind-mapping, participants can be purposefully plan to come up with an authentic story, and dramatise it, with the help of their parents.
The workshop will be broken up into three parts:
- The facilitator will share a story, and everyone gets to be involved.
- Each group (comprising of parent/s and child/children) will develop a storyline based on a theme given.
- Each group will be performing their own story.
- Cultivate the love for the Malay Language;
- Enhance the children’s language proficiency and public speaking skills; and
- Provide a platform for parents to be actively involved in the process of language acquisition.
Mr Djohan is a lead teacher, an artist, a performer and an established writer. He has been involved in showbiz since young and as he proceeded into adulthood, he actively involved in Dikir Barat (a Malay performing art) attaining numerous awards for his singing and lyric writing ability. He is also an established scriptwriter for television programme ranging from children shows to award ceremonies.
A recipient of the Singapore President Teachers Award 2017 and Exemplary Malay Language Teachers Award 2017 (AGAB), his short stories anthology was recently published and that kick start his involvement in literary writing.