Interlaced journeys : diaspora and the contemporary in Southeast Asian art / edited by Patrick D. Flores & Loredana Pazzini-Paracciani.
- Flores, Patrick D.,editor.
- Pazzini-Paracciani, Loredana,editor.
- Hong Kong :Osage Publications,2020.
- 180 pages :illustrations ;22 cm
- "Interlaced Journeys : Diaspora and the Contemporary in Southeast Asian Art brings together the work of some of the most engaging art historians and curators from Southeast Asia and beyond that explores the notion of diaspora in contemporary visual culture. Regional attention on this particular condition of movement and resettlement has often been confined to sociological studies, while the place of diaspora in Southeast Asian contemporary art remains mostly unexplored. This is the first anthology to examine the subject from the complex perspective of artistic and curatorial practice as it attempts to propose multiple narratives of diaspora in relation to a range of articulations in the contemporary context."
- Art, Southeast Asian -- 20th century.
- Art, Southeast Asian -- 21st century.
- Art and globalization -- Southeast Asia.