After darkness : Southeast Asian art in the wake of history / edited by Boon Hui Tan and Michelle Yun ; with contributions by Aye Ko, Zoe Butt, Mella Jaarsma and Alia Swastika.
- Tan, Boon Hui,1968-editor.
- Yun, Michelle,editor.
- Aye Ko,1963-contributor.
- Butt, Zoe,contributor.
- Jaarsma, Mella,1960-contributor.
- Swastika, Alia,contributor.
- Asia Society.publisher.
- New York, NY :Asia Society Museum,
- 143 pages :color illustrations ;29 cm
- Errata sheet inserted.
- "After Darkness: Southeast Asian Art in the Wake of History considers how contemporary art from societies in transition may be read as an expression of the ambiguous and sometimes contentious relationship between individual artistic practice and sociopolitical context. This publication explores the development of contemporary art movements and the artistic repercussions of political ruptures through the work of seven contemporary artists and one artist group from Indonesia, Myanmar, and Vietnam"--Back cover.
- Art, Southeast Asian -- 20th century.
- Art, Southeast Asian -- 21st century.
- Artists -- Southeast Asia -- Biography.
- Art, Southeast Asian.
- Southeast Asia.