The meaning of marriage : facing the complexities of commitment with the wisdom of God / Timothy Keller with Kathy Keller.
- Keller, Timothy J.,1950-
- Keller, Kathy
- New York : Dutton, c2011.
- 283 p. ;24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 245-279).
- "There has never been a marriage book like The Meaning of Marriage. Based on the acclaimed sermon series by New York Times bestselling author Timothy Keller, this book shows everyone -- Christians, skeptics, singles, long-time married couples, and those about to be engaged -- the vision of what marriage should be according to the Bible. Modern culture would make you believe that everyone has a soul-mate; that romance is the most important part of a successful marriage; that your spouse is there to help you realize your potential; that marriage does not mean forever, but merely for now; that starting over after a divorce is the best solution to seemingly intractable marriage issues. All those modern-day assumptions are, in a word, wrong. Using the Bible as his guide, coupled with insightful commentary from his wife of thirty-six years, Kathy, Timothy Keller shows that God created marriage to bring us closer to him and to bring us more joy in our lives. It is a glorious relationship that is also the most misunderstood and mysterious. With a clear-eyed understanding of the Bible, and meaningful instruction on how to have a successful marriage, The Meaning of Marriage is essential reading for anyone who wants to know God and love more deeply in this life"--Publisher.
- (ISBN)0525952470 (alk. paper)
- (ISBN)9780525952473 (alk. paper)
- Marriage -- Religious aspects