Programmes organised by NLB provide opportunities for people to learn, interact and gather ideas in a stimulating and lively environment. These include:
- Thematic programmes that appeal to specific audience, for example, Health, Family & Literacy, Eco, etc.
National and Special initiatives such as:
- Read! Singapore
- Asian Children's Festival
- Celebrating 40 years
- Other cultural, educational and recreational programmes.
These programmes may take one or more of the following formats: Talk, Workshop, Performance, Forum, Exhibition Demonstration, etc.
These programmes aim to:
- Enrich the learning experience at the library through knowledge exchange and social interaction
- Promote awareness of social issues (through joint events with government agencies, VWOs)
- Promote awareness of the Library and reach out to people who may otherwise not come to the library
- Highlight the library's resources and promote a love of reading for pleasure and knowledge