Published on : 2 Oct 2020
Click here to sign up.
Registration for the second round of book delivery service (Feb-Apr) is now open!
Reading is a special gift we can provide for our children, and now it has become easier to get your hands on books from our librarians’ choice list. For a monthly subscription fee of S$10.70 (inclusive of GST), a box of 8 books, specially curated for children will be delivered to your doorstep.
1. Books delivered to the comfort of your homes for 3 consecutive months
A minimum subscription period of three (3) months is required with an upfront amount of S$32.10 (inclusive of GST). These books will be delivered every month.
2. A mix of books hand-picked by our librarians to help enrich your child’s reading journey
Subscribers will receive a monthly selection of eight (8) English children’s books, including a variety of fiction and non-fiction titles, and those from the Singapore collection. These books span a broad range of children's interests and are catered for two age groups, 4-6 years old and 7-9 years old.
3. An additional 8 books on top of your current loan quota
Books under this service do not fall within the usual loan quota. Therefore, subscribers can still continue to borrow up to 16 books (for basic member) and 24 books (for partner member), while having 8 books delivered to them. Subscribers may monitor the due dates of the books under this service in their library membership account, or refer to the printed receipt that will be inserted into the box with their book.
Terms of Service
1. You must apply to be a subscriber to this delivery service. There are a limited number of available subscriptions so no promise is made that every application will be successful.
2. To apply for this delivery service, you must first be a National Library Board (NLB) library member and must not have any unpaid fees/charges in your membership account. (Note: If the membership you hold is an annual one, there must be at least 6 months remaining to your library membership when your application is received.)
3. Each subscription period is for 3 months.
4. Under the subscription, you agree that a set of 8 books as selected by NLB will be delivered to you each month. You also agree that this service cannot cater for individual preferences so no requests for exchanges can be made.
5. Delivery schedules may differ but you will be able to enjoy reading the books for at least 21 days. The precise loan period and date due for the books will be shown in your library membership account.
6. The books must be returned to any NLB public library via the Bookdrop by the due date. (Note that there will be charges for overdue and lost books. See the rates at https://nlb.gov.sg/VisitUs/Membership.aspx.)
7. You will receive an email from NLB on your application. If you have been successful, you will receive instructions on how to make payment of S$32.10 (including GST) for a 3-month subscription. NLB must receive the payment within 5 days of the date the email is sent, failing which NLB will cancel the application. Note that there can be no cancellation of a subscription and no refunds after payment is made.
8. Please ensure that there are no unpaid fees/charges in your membership account at any time during your subscription period. NLB will stop delivery of books until the fees/charges are paid.
9. The delivery address indicated in the application form will be used to deliver the books to you. NLB will not use this address for any other matters except for delivery under this delivery service. If you need to change this address, you must send the new address at least one month in advance to email@example.com or you shall be responsible to pay for any lost books.
10. NLB has engaged a contractor to deliver the books. You agree that the contractor will need to be given your contact details for the sole purpose of delivery to you.