Sengkang Public Library
1 Sengkang Square
#03-28 & #04-19 Compass One
Mon - Sun: 11:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Closed at 5.00pm on eves of Christmas,
New Year and Chinese New Year
Closed on Public Holidays
Bookdrop hours: 8.00am - 11.30pm
- All public libraries will reopen on 1 July 2020 with shorter opening hours from 11.00 am to 7.00 pm. We will be implementing timed entry and limiting each patron’s visit to our public libraries to 30 minutes.
- Book your 30-minute slot one day in advance before visiting the library: go.gov.sg/library-visit-booking
- Bookdrop and Reservation Lockers are accessible from 7.00 am to 10.00 pm. Bookings are not required for Book Drop and Reservation Pick-up.
- Check real time crowd capacity before you visit our premises: go.gov.sg/library-visit-crowd.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Sengkang
Click here to view 1st floor (L3 of the mall)
Click here to view 2nd Floor (L4 of the mall)
Bus Interchange: Sengkang and Compassvale
Buses: 80, 83, 86, 87, 156, 159, 163, 163M, 371, 372, 965 via Sengkang Interchange, 374 via Compassvale Interchange
Sengkang Public Library was officially opened on 30 November 2002 by Rear-Admiral (NS) Teo Chee Hean, Senior Minister for Education and Second Minister for Defence, and Member of Parliament for Pasir Ris GRC. The library was closed from 18 October 2015 for major upgrading and reopened its doors to the public on 18 March 2017. Minister for Communications and Information and Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs, Dr Yaacob Ibrahim, officiated the reopening ceremony.
Located within Compass One shopping mall, the library covers an area of 2,136 square meters, and serves residents in the North East areas of Sengkang, Jalan Kayu, Punggol Central, Punggol North and Punggol South. New areas in the library include the Early Literacy Area where families can read and bond together, the Tween Space targeted at children aged 10 to 14 and a dedicated Adults section for quiet reading.
Thursdays, 3.00 pm – 3.30 pm (4 - 6 yrs)
Every 1st & 3rd Saturday
12.30 pm – 1.00 pm (7 - 10 yrs)
Every 2nd Saturday
12.30 pm – 1.00 pm (4 - 8 yrs)
Take a VR tour of the library.
For more info, click on library details
Early Literacy Area