Jurong Regional Library
21 Jurong East Central 1
Mon - Sun: 10:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Closed at 5.00pm on eves of Christmas,
New Year and Chinese New Year
Closed on Public Holidays
Reservation Locker: 24-hour
- We will be implementing timed entry and limiting each patron’s visit to our public libraries to 30 minutes.
- Book your 30-minute slot one day in advance before visiting the library: go.gov.sg/library-visit-booking
- Bookdrop and Reservation Lockers are accessible 24-hours. Bookings are not required for Book Drop and Reservation Pick-up.
- Check real time crowd capacity before you visit our premises: go.gov.sg/library-visit-crowd.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Jurong East
Click here to view Basement
Click here to view 1st floor
Click here to view 2nd floor
Click here to view 3rd floor
Click here to view 4th floor
Bus Interchange: Jurong East
Buses: 51, 51A, 78, 78A, 79, 79A, 97, 97E, 143, 143M, 176, 178, 197, 198, 333
Jurong Regional library was officially opened on 4 Jun 2004 by Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Acting Minister for Education. The library was first opened on 1 August 1988 as Jurong East Community Library by Mr Ho Kah Leong, Senior Parliamentary Secretary (Communications & Information) and Member of Parliament for Jurong Constituency. After the completion of its refurbishment in 2004, it was re-opened as Jurong Regional Library
It is the third regional library under the National Library Board network of public libraries. The library, occupying four storeys and a basement, has a total floor space of 12,020 square meters.
Verging All Teens (V.A.T.)
Jurong Regional Library is the first library in Singapore to offer a dedicated Teens Library service called 'Verging All Teens (V.A.T.)', a library created for teens by teens, to inspire teens. V.A.T. has a distinct collection of various genres of comics and graphic novels. V.A.T. also houses open-mic gigs and performances to showcase young talents to their peers.
Early Literacy Library
Jurong Regional Library is also the first library in Singapore to house an Early Literacy Library. This library caters to two age groups: under 3 year olds and 4 to 6 year olds. The collection focuses on key areas vital to children’s learning and development. The books and audio-visual materials are available in the four official languages.
This is a collaboration between National Library Board and the Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore that provides a dedicated space and equipment for on-site tinkering. It hosts programmes that cover both technology and non-technology topics suitable for users of all ages and varying skill levels. Interested patrons can visit GoLibrary to register for programmes and workshops. For more information on operating hours and services, click here.
Saturdays, 12.30 pm – 1.00 pm (4 - 6 yrs)
Sundays, 12.30 pm – 1.00 pm (7 - 10 yrs)
Every 1st Saturday, 4.00 pm – 4.30 pm (4 - 10 yrs) (Mandarin)
For more info, click on library details