National Library / Lee Kong Chian Reference Library
100 Victoria Street
Mon - Sun: 10:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Closed at 5.00pm on eves of Christmas, New Year
and Chinese New Year.
Closed on Public Holidays.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
- For your safety, we have implemented dwell time limits at our public libraries. Click here for information and to book your visit in advance.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Bugis, City Hall, Bras Basah MRT Station
Click here to view 7th floor
Click here to view 8th floor
Click here to view 9th floor
Click here to view 11th floor
Buses: 145, 197, 32, 51, 63, 7, 80, 2, 7, 12, 33, 130, 133, 960, 56, C3, SMRT 980, SMRT 520, SMRT 851, NR7 & NR8
The National Library is a national knowledge institution empowering individuals and businesses with knowledge and information as it continuously expands its vast array of reference collections and services. It preserves and makes accessible Singapore's literary and publishing heritage, and intellectual memory through the Lee Kong Chian Reference Library occupying seven floors (from Level 7 to 13) with a floor area of 60,000 square metres. The Lee Kong Chian Reference Library, named after Dr Lee Kong Chian, in honour of the Lee Foundation's S$60 million donation, aims to be the premier resource for works on or about Singapore and the region for local and overseas researchers and academics.
Lee Kong Chian Reference Library Collection Directory
- Level 7: Business and Science & Technology Collection.
Latest issues of Companies and Institutions Annual Reports and International Standards can also be found here.
- Level 8: Arts and Social Sciences & Humanities Collection.
The collection of items requested from the Repository Used book collection is to be made at the Information Counter at this level.
- Level 9: Chinese, Malay & Tamil collection on all subject areas.
- Level 11: Singapore and Southeast Asia in English except for the Arts and Literature collection which is located at Level 8.
Car Park (Electronic Parking System)
Operating Hours: Mon-Sun, 7.00am - 11.30pm
Mon - Sat
7.00 am - 7.00 pm : $1.07 for the 1st half hour or part thereof, &
3.5 cents for each subsequent minute
7.00 pm - 11.30 pm : 1.7 cents per minute
Sun & Public Holidays
7.00 am - 11.30 pm : 1.7 cents per minute
Mon - Sun
7.00 am - 11.30 pm : $1.05 per entry per day
Grace Period is 15 minutes. All rates are inclusive of GST
The Carpark Entrance and Exit will be closed at 11.30 pm daily.
If cars are parked beyond 11.30 pm, a charge of 1.7 cents per minute will continue to apply until 7.00 am the following day.
* As of May 2014. Rates may be subject to change, please check upon entry.
Collections at Level 11
Multimedia stations at Level 7