Geylang East Public Library
50 Geylang East Ave 1
Mon - Sun: 11:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Closed at 5.00pm on eves of Christmas,
New Year and Chinese New Year
Closed on Public Holidays
- All public libraries will reopen on 1 July 2020 with shorter opening hours from 11.00 am to 7.00 pm. We will be implementing timed entry and limiting each patron’s visit to our public libraries to 30 minutes.
- Book your 30-minute slot one day in advance before visiting the library: go.gov.sg/library-visit-booking
- Bookdrop and Reservation Lockers are accessible 24-hours. Bookings are not required for Book Drop and Reservation Pick-up.
- Check real time crowd capacity before you visit our premises: go.gov.sg/library-visit-crowd.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Aljunied
Click here to view 1st floor
Click here to view 2nd floor
Buses: SBS Transit 80, 134, 155 via Geylang East Central; SBS Transit 40, 62, 63, 80, 100, 158 via Aljunied Road; SBS Transit 2, 13, 21, 26, 40, 51, SMRT 853 (on weekends) via Sims Avenue; SMRT 67 daily via Sims Avenue; NR7 daily via Sims Avenue
Geylang East Public Library was officially opened on 26 July 1988
by Mr Wong Kan Seng, Minister for Community Development and
Second Minister for Foreign Affairs. The library was closed for
upgrading on 18 March 2002 and reopened on 29 April 2002.
Covering an area of 3,817 square metres, the library serves residents in the Eastern areas of Aljunied, Geylang East, Geylang West, Geylang Serai, Jalan Besar, Eunos, Kampong Ubi, Kallang and MacPherson, Lavender, Kaki Bukit and Sims Drive.
Wednesdays, 7.30 pm – 8.00 pm (4 - 6 yrs)
Every 2nd Wednesday, 8.00 pm – 8.30 pm (4 - 10 yrs) (Mandarin)
For more info, click on library details
Green Reading Space