Toa Payoh Public Library
6 Toa Payoh Central
Mon - Sun: 11:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Closed at 5.00pm on eves of Christmas,
New Year and Chinese New Year
Closed on Public Holidays
- All public libraries will reopen on 1 July 2020 with shorter opening hours from 11.00 am to 7.00 pm. We will be implementing timed entry and limiting each patron’s visit to our public libraries to 30 minutes.
- Book your 30-minute slot one day in advance before visiting the library: go.gov.sg/library-visit-booking
- Bookdrop and Reservation Lockers are accessible 24-hours. Bookings are not required for Book Drop and Reservation Pick-up.
- Check real time crowd capacity before you visit our premises: go.gov.sg/library-visit-crowd.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Toa Payoh
Click here to view 1st floor
Click here to view 2nd floor
Click here to view 3rd floor
Bus Interchange: Toa Payoh Central
Buses: 56, 105, 153, 232 via Toa Payoh Central
Toa Payoh Public Library (TPPL) was officially inaugurated on 7 February 1974 by then Minister for Culture, Mr Jek Yeun Thong. It was the second public library to be opened during the rapid expansion of the public library network in the 1970s. In 1998, the library underwent a major renovation and was reopened on 10 May 1999 by then Minister for Home Affairs and Member of Parliament for the Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC, Mr Wong Kan Seng. The three-storey high library building covers a floor area of 4,125 square metres.The library is located in the heart of Toa Payoh Central, serving the residents of Toa Payoh and Novena. In 2015, Toa Payoh Public Library revamped its Newspapers & Magazines Lounge, Programme Zone, Teen Zone and Activity Zone.
Thursdays, 7.30 pm – 8.00 pm (7 - 10 yrs)
Saturdays, 11.00 am – 11.30 am (4 - 6 yrs)
Every 1st Saturday
12.00 pm – 12.30 pm (4 - 6 yrs) (Mandarin)
For more info, click on library details
Early Literacy Section
Newspapers & Magazine Lounge