Queenstown Public Library
53 Margaret Drive
Mon - Sun: 10:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Closed at 5.00pm on eves of Christmas,
New Year and Chinese New Year
Closed on Public Holidays
Reservation Locker: 24-hour
- We will be implementing timed entry and limiting each patron’s visit to our public libraries to 30 minutes.
- Book your 30-minute slot one day in advance before visiting the library: go.gov.sg/library-visit-booking
- Bookdrop and Reservation Lockers are accessible 24-hours. Bookings are not required for Book Drop and Reservation Pick-up.
- Check real time crowd capacity before you visit our premises: go.gov.sg/library-visit-crowd.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Queenstown
Click here to view 1st floor
Click here to view 2nd floor
Buses: 32, 122 via Margaret Drive, 51, 111, 145, 186, 195, 970 via Commonwealth Avenue
Queenstown Community Library was officially opened on 30 April 1970 by the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew, who was Singapore's Prime Minister then. The library was closed for upgrading work on 4 February 2003 and officially reopened on 31 October 2003 by Associate Professor Koo Tsai Kee, Senior Parliamentary Secretary for the Ministry of Defence and Ministry of National Development, and Member of Parliament for Tanjong Pagar GRC.
Covering an area of 3,349 square metres, the library was the Republic’s first full-time branch library. On 7 October 1987, Queenstown Community Library became the first public library in the National Library Board’s network to have its library services put online. The library serves the residents of Alexandra, Bukit Timah, Buona Vista, Clementi, Commonwealth, Dover, Ghim Moh, Holland, Pasir Panjang, Queenstown, Tanglin Halt and Ulu Pandan.
Wednesdays, 7.30 pm – 8.00 pm (7 - 10 yrs)
Saturdays, 10.30 am – 11.00 am (4 - 6 yrs)
For more info, click on library details