Jurong West Public Library
60 Jurong West Central 3
Mon - Sun: 11:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Closed at 5.00pm on eves of Christmas,
New Year and Chinese New Year
Closed on Public Holidays
- All public libraries will reopen on 1 July 2020 with shorter opening hours from 11.00 am to 7.00 pm. We will be implementing timed entry and limiting each patron’s visit to our public libraries to 30 minutes.
- Book your 30-minute slot one day in advance before visiting the library: go.gov.sg/library-visit-booking
- Bookdrop and Reservation Lockers are accessible from 11.00 am to 7.00 pm. Bookings are not required for Book Drop and Reservation Pick-up.
- Check real time crowd capacity before you visit our premises: go.gov.sg/library-visit-crowd.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Boon Lay
Click here to view 1st floor
Click here to view 2nd floor
Click here to view 3rd floor
Bus Interchange: Boon Lay
Buses: 30, 154, 157, 174, 174E, 179, 179A, 181/181M, 192, 193, 194, 198, 199, 241, 242, 243W/G, 246, 249, 251, 252, 405
The Jurong West Public Library was first opened in Jurong Point on 28 Mar 1996 by Mr Ho Kah Leong, then Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Ministry of Environment and then Member of Parliament for Jurong. It was closed for 2 months and relocated to the Frontier Community Place, co-locating with Frontier Community Club. Re-opened to the public on 10 Mar 2006, the new library covers an area of 4232 square metres which is a three-fold expansion from its old premise.
With its relocation to a dedicated community building. Jurong West Public Library brings more convenience, with integrated services and facilities to its users. Ranging from audio-visual materials, comics collection and self-service kiosk, the library also expanded its collection to cater to the information needs of its users. A holistic learning experience awaits any user with the library’s conducive environment, learning resources and exciting programmes. Jurong West Public Library is also the first library to prototype the "integration concept" with the community centre, whereby users can move from the Community Club to the library on every level without having to exit at the ground level point.
The library serves residents living in Ahmad Ibrahim, Jalan Bahar, Jurong West, Pioneer, Hong Kah West and Tuas.
Tuesdays, 7.30 pm – 8.00 pm (7 - 10 yrs)
Saturdays, 3.30 pm – 4.00 pm (4 - 6 yrs)
For more info, click on library details
Quiet Reading Room
Young Adult's Collection