Bukit Panjang Public Library
1 Jelebu Road
#04-04 & 16/17 Bukit Panjang Plaza
Mon - Sun: 11:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Closed at 5.00pm on eves of Christmas,
New Year and Chinese New Year
Closed on Public Holidays
Bookdrop hours: 7.00am - 10.00pm
- All public libraries will reopen on 1 July 2020 with shorter opening hours from 11.00 am to 7.00 pm. We will be implementing timed entry and limiting each patron’s visit to our public libraries to 30 minutes.
- Book your 30-minute slot one day in advance before visiting the library: go.gov.sg/library-visit-booking
- Bookdrop and Reservation Lockers are accessible from 7.00 am to 10.00 pm. Bookings are not required for Book Drop and Reservation Pick-up.
- Check real time crowd capacity before you visit our premises: go.gov.sg/library-visit-crowd.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Bukit Panjang MRT (DT1) Nearest LRT: Bukit Panjang LRT (BP6)
Click here to view Children's Zone
Click here to view Adults' & Teens' Zones
Bus Interchange: Bukit Panjang
Buses: 75, 171, 176, 177, 180, 184, 187, 190, 700, 700A, 920, 922, 960, 963, 963E, 963R, 972, 974, 975, 979, 983
Bukit Panjang Public Library was officially opened on 4 April 1998 by Dr Teo Ho Pin, then-Member of Parliament for Sembawang GRC (Bukit Panjang Division). It underwent extensive renovations and was newly re-opened on 1 July 2017 by Dr Yaacob Ibrahim, Minister for Communications and Information. Covering an area of 2,300 square metres, the expanded library is located within Bukit Panjang Plaza, a shopping centre in the heart of Bukit Panjang. It serves residents in the North West areas of Bukit Panjang and Bukit Timah.
The library consists of two separate wings, the Children's Zone and the Adults' & Teens' Zones. The library's design concept is inspired by changes to Bukit Panjang’s public transport access, including a direct connection to the new Downtown Line. With a focus on guiding patrons on their reading journeys, the coloured ribbons on the floor serve to help visitors find their way around the library. There will also be subject clusters indicated on the floor and ceiling to enable users to locate their preferred collection better. Central feature displays also serve as markers for their respective sections.
Fridays, 7.30 pm – 8.00 pm (7 - 10 yrs)
Every 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Friday
3.00 pm – 3.30 pm (4 - 6 yrs)
Every 2nd & 3rd Sunday
12.30 pm – 1.00 pm (4 - 8 yrs)
Every 1st Friday
3.00 pm – 3.30 pm (4 - 10 yrs) (Mandarin)
Take a VR tour of the library.
For more info, click on library details
Book Drop at Children's Zone
Early Literacy section in Children's Zone
Non-fiction section in Adults' & Teens' Zones