Cheng San Public Library
90 Hougang Avenue 10
#03-11 Hougang Mall
Mon - Sun: 11:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Closed at 5.00pm on eves of Christmas,
New Year and Chinese New Year
Closed on Public Holidays
Bookdrop hours: 8.00am - 10.00pm
- We will be implementing timed entry and limiting each patron’s visit to our public libraries to 30 minutes.
- Book your 30-minute slot one day in advance before visiting the library: go.gov.sg/library-visit-booking
- Reservation Lockers are accessible from 11.00 am to 9.00 pm. Bookings are not required for Book Drop and Reservation Pick-up.
- Check real time crowd capacity before you visit our premises: go.gov.sg/library-visit-crowd.
- Patrons who visit our facilities must observe the Ministry of Health’s advisories such as the use of SafeEntry for check in and check out, compulsory wearing of mask, temperature taking, and safe distancing measures.
to get Adobe reader
How to get there
Nearest MRT: Hougang
Click here to view Floor map
Bus Interchange: Hougang Central
Buses: 27, 51, 62, 72, 74, 74E, 80, 82, 87, 89, 89E, 101, 107, 107M, 112, 113, 132, 147, 151, 151E, 153, 161, 165, 325
Cheng San Public Library was officially opened on 6 March 1997 by Mr Zainul Abidin Rasheed, Member of Parliament for Cheng San GRC (Punggol East).
The library covers an area of 1,467 square metres and is situated within the Hougang Mall. It serves residents in the North East areas of Upper Paya Lebar, Hougang, Sengkang and Serangoon.
Fridays, 3.30 pm – 4.00 pm (4 - 6 yrs)
Every 1st Wednesday
3.30 pm – 4.00 pm (7 - 10 yrs)
Every 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Wednesday
3.30 pm – 4.00 pm (4 - 6 yrs)
Every 3rd & 4th Sunday
2.30 pm – 3.00 pm (4 - 8 yrs)
For more info, click on library details
Newspaper Reading Corner