One of the aims of the National Library is to build a comprehensive collection on Singapore and selectively on Southeast Asia. We welcome donations of published and unpublished works that will enrich our collection, but unfortunately are not able to accept everything.
Please read the information below to find out more about the materials we are looking for in particular. If you are interested in donating your materials, please fill in the Donation Form and send it to us. We will contact you shortly.
- Private papers and personal correspondences of Singapore pioneers who contributed to the development of Singapore society, culture and history
- Published and unpublished materials on the:
- Development of English, Chinese, Malay and Tamil literature in Singapore, particularly in the early 20th century and pre- and post- independence periods
- History of education, business, science and technology in Singapore
- Development of the Arts in Singapore
- Materials relating to Southeast Asian society, culture and history, in particular content with links to Singapore's history
- All donations will be assessed according to NLB's requirements and needs
- Generally, the Library does not accept the following:
- materials already in its collection;
- newspaper and publication clippings or photocopies;
- off-air recordings;
- artworks and objects;
- materials in poor condition
- The NLB reserves the right to determine the library and archives materials to be accepted for its collections. Additionally, the NLB reserves the exclusive right to decide on all associated matters such as the preservation, retention, organisation, accessibility and other considerations relating to the use and disposition of the donated materials. For any materials that cannot be added to the NLB’s and National Archives of Singapore’s (NAS) collections, the NLB may well give these items away as gifts to other libraries and archives institutions and/or dispose of the same, in an appropriate manner.
- Manuscripts – handwritten and typescripts
- Audio-visual materials
- Ephemera such as programme booklets, pamphlets and newsletters
If you are keen on making a donation, kindly complete the Donation Form and we will contact you shortly.
For donation enquiries, please email email@example.com