||Saturday Jun 09, 2012 - Friday Jul 20, 2012
||12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
||Auditorium in Tampines Regional Library
No registration is required.
My Singapore Pledge: S. Rajaratnam Storytelling Competition
This competition is part of the S. Rajaratnam Leadership Series 2012, an initiative to promote a culture of engagement and introspection for character and citizenship education. Through the art of storytelling, it also aims to raise our awareness of Singapore’s special history, the contributions of our founding leaders, and the national values embedded in the Singapore Pledge. This programme is a collaboration between the National Library Board, Tampines Changkat Citizens’ Consultative Committee, and Tampines Junior College.
The semi-final round will be held on Saturday, 4th August, at 10.00 am at the Tampines Regional Library Auditorium. The final round will be held on Friday, 17th August, from 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm at the Tampines Regional Library Auditorium. Our Guest-of-Honour will be Education Minister Heng Swee Keat.
This is a wonderful opportunity to show us your creativity, so send in your application now and stand a chance to win attractive prizes!
Send an email to email@example.com by 20th July 2012 with the subject header:
‘S. Rajaratnam Storytelling Competition’
Please include the following details:
• Name, date of birth, gender
• NRIC No.
• Contact number
• Email address
• Mailing address
• Original story to be presented (must be about 3–5 minutes)
1. Contestants have to be at least 21 years old AND a Tampines resident in order to participate.
2. Every contestant is required to present an original story about 3 to 5 minutes long.
3. Contestants are required to use their creativity to write their own stories.
4. The story has to be based on the theme “My Singapore Pledge” and the values imbued in the Singapore Pledge.
5. Contestants are expected to use this story to promote socio-cultural sensitivity, social cohesion, and harmony in Singapore as a multi-cultural society.
6. Selected contestants will go through a semi-final round before proceeding to the finals.